Friday, August 9, 2013

Updates on the house and on my body

A lot has happened this summer and life as a mother of two is starting to be less stressful as I find my way of doing things. Now, when I don't have help in a little while I'll see how hard it really is. There may be a few rants to come. 

Recently I've been able to fit back into some of my clothes (a feat that is still a long way off for some of my prepregnancy clothes since I was in the best shape I've been right before I got pregnant with number two).  I'm starting to feel like me again and feel like I can have a body I don't mind looking at. Not gonna lie, the big boobs from nursing are a bonus! It's kinda funny how I view myself now. Instead of the nice, unmarked, non-stretched, and not saggy body, I have a new one. Not to say that my body is all of the above, but it's more like a used shirt rather than a brand new one. Not perfect, perhaps a few blemishes, and maybe not as tight as it was when it was first bought...but, I know I can appreciate it and enjoy wearing it. And I know I can get it in tip top shape if I try since I've done it before and I have every intention of doing it again! I have the gear to do it, not I just need the time.

Not only do I have a desire to remodel my body, but I also have a desire to remodel my house.  Well, maybe not a total overhaul, but a small facelift. I have to say after having a house with flat paint and in a color I don't know how to match, I feel it's time to get some new paint on the walls and start to make it all happen asap. I have also been introduced to the world of HGTV (thanks mom). Not that I didn't know of HGTV, but I just got into watching it since I have a house I want to fix a few things in. Most notably, I want to get rid of the military crap that is sitting in foot lockers and hunting gear that doesn't REALLY need to be in the spare master bedroom.  I know I will be living in my current house for a few years and after that I'll live in a new one, but while I'm here I think I'm going to make some changes and enjoy them.

First on my list, patio furniture. I've been living with collapsible camping chairs and folding tables. The time for lost and found furniture is at an end. I plan to make over the space with seating, an umbrella, a nice table, and rug. I'm finally going to get something I want and can enjoy...now if only the dogs will leave it alone!  I hope I don't find my new green cushions strewn about on the green grass one day.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to the changes. I want to make my house a home I can really enjoy and be proud of when people set foot in the door. I think it's hard to really get into decorating when you know you'll only live there for three years, but I think I'm taking the plunge here. Paint, carpet, decor, it's all going to happen and my husband can thank mom for getting me onto HGTV and spending money! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment