Saturday, March 30, 2013

Packing

This is the last week before he goes overseas and I have one more day left with him. Tonight is packing night. Earlier this week I felt a sadness looming over the house as he finally got confirmation of his fight time. It was finally real, it is going to happen, he is deploying.

I suppose I have been yanked off that puffy cloud of delusion and am now firmly planted back on the ground in reality. It's hard to think that I'll soon be dealing with all the things around the house and anything and everything related to our family.  It's hard to imagine I'll have to hold down the fort for so long, but I've done it before and I can do it again, just this time things are a bit different having a family and all. At least this time I'll be able to spend some of it with family instead of being far away on an island.

I have a lot I want to accomplish during this time and I hope that I actually stick to my goals for each month. April is train the dog and make some decor for the baby's room. I have no idea how this deployment will go as last time I was quite occupied with work and running, but this time I don't have those things. I hope it goes as fast as it seemed to last time. All I know is this time next year I plan on having had my baby, slimmed back down, learned and practiced how to sew clothing, learn to play guitar (more than last time), and should be training to run another half marathon.

So here's to staying safe, reaching goals, and finding my inner strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment