Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Ear infections...seriously?!?!

Well, I'm nearing 30 and haven't had an ear infection since I was probably less than 12 years old. I was prone to swimmers ear at a young age, but only had a few minor irritations through the years until I got to college then I started having issues with my left ear which I think have more to do with a jaw/joint issue than inner ear problem. Anyway, last week I got sick...actually the weekend before that, so I've officially had congestion, a cough, and an ear ache all within the week and a half that's passed. This is also the most notable reason for my lack of posts.

It all started out with a little sore throat, no biggie, then it became a cough, which progressively got worse. After the cough it turned into congestion, then a head cold, and finally after a night of a lot of pain a full blown ear infection for which they gave me 4 kinds of meds at the doctors appointment I promptly made the following morning. I'm not one to take medication unless I have to and I have decided that the acetaminophen isn't essential so I'll save that for a rainy day and the ear drops seem to just make my ear feel more clogged (I still think I have an issue with my ear drum and putting liquids in the ear just seems to make things worse).  So, I have antiboitics and Claritin. I feel ok during the day, but mornings and nights are rough.  I mean, I still feel like crap during the day, but the congestion and pressure in the ear is the worst before and after bed. After a couple days of medicine I'm hoping that I can kick this sickness' butt since my family arrives tomorrow. Thank God my little guy didn't get all the crap that I have. That would have been a week from hell! I do know that I am not up to par and thus have been slacking in the lets play this and that category.  The tv has helped me get through the days as my little one likes to watch a few cartoons

While I'm usually pretty adamant about not plopping him down in front of the tv, this week has left me with little energy and occasionally patience, so Henry Hugglemonster, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Sid the Science Kid...thank you.

I have managed to find some time to do some cleaning be it night or day I have gotten most of my cleaning done and the dogs have all been bathed; which is a feat in itself considering it usually kills my back to do both Brits, let alone all three dogs.

This week has also brought along some interesting events. It rained like a mother over the weekend and flooded my back yard. Luckily I didn't have any water close to my house since we have a rather long back yard. My son also decided he doesn't like to wear pants and has demonstrated his great capability to undress himself on numerous occasions. I'm  not just talking about taking off his pants though, oh no, he's decided he also needs to run around with no diaper on for at least one time everyday. It might be when he wakes up in the morning, after a nap, or even while I'm cooking, but he has shown that he's fully capable of taking off anything on the bottom half of his body.  Now if only he would sit on the toilet instead of just play with the toilet seat I bought him. We will be trying potty training at grandma and grandpa's, but I think I'm going to have to suck it up and buy a little potty since the toilets at their house are a bit higher and he'd never get up onto them with the stool he has. Anyway, let the potty training begin!  And let the ear ache STOP!  Come on body, you got this...you have the power to kick it's ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment