Friday, May 24, 2013

It's been a while

Obviously I've been slacking in the blog department. Lately I've been reading a lot (baby books and my favorite series from Patricia Cornwell) so when I'm not checking my email I'm chatting with the folks or reading so I can get a few books read before my little girl arrives.

Being back with the family has been great and I'm happy to report that things, for the most part have gone smoothly with the transition. My son has had a few days where I feel like I want to pull my hair out as he resists every diapering and clothing change attempt...and for a couple days naps and bedtime. However, yesterday was a great day with a happy boy. I also learned that putting bandaids on booboos can be a bit upsetting once the bandaids are on. Poor little guy got a scratch on top of each foot after playing outside pushing his train and truck on the porch. So, I got some nifty Cars bandaids and ointment to put on them and looking at the bandaid was good, but once that darn thing got stuck on his foot all hell broke loose. I ended up going through 4 bandaids on the first day and giving up since they came off shortly after application. Then I realized the beauty of socks. Throw some bandaids on, put on some socks (which a lot of resistance from said child) and turn on tv for a short time to get him distracted from pulling off socks and thus bandaids. Luckily it worked the last couple days. Here's hoping the little spots on his feet are nearly healed today. It wouldn't be such a big deal if he didn't want to go outside everyday. It's so hard to resist a cute littl guy asking to go "out" when he runs up to you with his tiny little shoes.  On the flip side, a really big deal happened yesterday...and if you don't have kids or haven't attempted to potty train this may seem dull, but to a potty training parent it's a big deal. My little guy peed AND pooped in his potty!  Finally!  I still have quite a few regular diapers to go through as well as pullups, but I'm hesitant to start really hammering the potty routine since I know he's probably going to regress due to the big change of having a baby sister in a matter of a month. Guess we'll see how it goes.

So far the little one in my belly has been doing great and my next appointment is Tuesday so I'm excited to see how I'm progressing. I have to say I'm soooo ready for her to get here, but sooo not ready for the lack of sleep.  Well, my little guy just woke up...time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment