Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Oh what a night

OMG. Let me just say that again...oh my freakin God. What a night this has been. So it's been AGES since I posted something and while sitting in bed last night staring at my baby across the room I realized I haven't posted anything in so long. Well folks, I had a beautiful baby girl, my boy is very jealous, and my dogs are as well. I feel like I have no time for anything I want to do, unless it's drag my children along (with snacks for the toddler in hand in case of a very possible melt down) on a shopping trip. I barely have enough time to get on a social network or check my email while eating breakfast. And the store I wanted to get something online from during their semi annual sale just sold out of the items I wanted because I couldn't get enough time in the past two days to get on their website and search to see what else I might want to buy to get the free shipping when you spend $50. But, tonight I'm staying at my in-laws (they're out of town) to watch my two dogs that are staying with my in-laws because they can't stay with my parents (my dogs are larger and too high energy for my parents three little dogs) since I'm staying with my parents for a few more weeks. Anyway, tonight I got a glimpse of what it will be like when I have two crazy dogs, a toddler, and a baby who all want my attention...NOW.  The dogs would normally be put outside in our fenced back yard to play, but I can't do that here since they don't have a fenced back yard. My toddler is jealous...very jealous of his sister so I have a hard time meeting his demands, but I was desperately trying tonight. That is until his sister started having a crying fit and demanded I feed or hold her. So after my toddler decided he was ready for bed (at that time my baby started wailing) I started to put his pjs on (while listening to his sister go crazy and trying to put on pjs in record time). I got them on and laid him in bed. Ran back in the room, picked up his sister which calmed her down quickly and fed her. Not to mention that earlier I had to clean a poopy diaper of said toddler, then a wet one of his sister all the while the dogs were inspecting what I was doing. One of them accidentally scratched the baby (not badly, but enough to make me mad and startle the baby). And well before that, my morning was crazy and I had my mom helping then. Lately, the biggest battle is getting a clean diaper and shorts on in the morning. Why changing his clothes is such a big deal, I have no idea, but for some reason he wants to fight me every time in the morning, and sometimes diaper changes later on. It's maddening. He's also figured out that mom can't do anything when she's nursing his sister so he does what he wants and makes mom angry. Oh boy, the joys of having a toddler. There is a reason they call it the terrible twos, but there are also many great things about his age two. I just hope he gets over the terrible part of it soon. I'm sick of tantrums over the stupidest little thing. Anyway, it's been one hell of a night. A night I could have used my husband, a night I would have loved to have been in my own home, and a night that I hope doesn't repeat itself tomorrow or the next few nights while I'm watching my dogs and house sitting. Here's to tomorrow and hopefully a good nights sleep. Oh, and did i mention my son likes to get me up between 5:30 and 6:30am everyday. At least my little girl lets me get 4 or 5 hours of sleep in a row. Right, time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment