Tuesday, April 9, 2013

For the love of pants

So much has been going on lately and just when I think I'm going to go to bed early or maybe take a nap, I end up on the computer or doing something distracting that keeps me up. I may regret that in a few months time when I'm up every two hours in the middle of the night or when I can't get either child to take a nap at the same time. Oh well.

This week I've managed to get out with my little boy and enjoy the warm weather, go to the library, cook some great new recipes, and do some shopping. And it's only Tuesday night! I've gotten a lot of things situated with bills and medical stuff while I'm moving back and forth so that is good.

I stumbled upon an AMAZING whoopie pie recipe (thank you Parents magazine), a delightful chicken parmesan recipe (compliments of Progresso), and a wonderful breaded chicken recipe (by way of Kraft's new seasoning and shredded cheese mixes).  Not only have I made these, I've also tried a few other recipes that I know I like and have never made myself and one that I just threw together in hopes of finding a healthy alternative to the traditional very bad for you version. All and all, my cooking has been a big success, but my son is getting picky so he's liked about 3/4ths of them, but not all.

I've now made it into the third trimester and boy do I feel HUGE! I'm not sure if I'm really that huge, but I feel like I am. I have a serious problem with lacking will power when it comes to chocolate, so that doesn't help my after diner snack.  And here lately, I just can't help but want to eat something sweet all the time. Luckily, my brain isn't totally absent and tends to remind me (after I've eaten what I probably shouldn't have and guilt has set in) that I should lay off the snacks and sweets or I'll be 180lbs by the time I'm done!  No, I won't let that happen!

So, with the weather getting warmer I'm starting to enjoy the outdoors and am dying to get back to running. I see these women running and I can't help but feel a tinge of jealousy as I want to have a nice stomach and much smaller butt again!  I will get into my old clothes eventually, but it sucks that it will probably be fall by the time that happens. I do have plans to run a half marathon next year so I know I'll be starting my running routine again, but I don't know exactly how that will go given that I will have two kids and no daddy to watch them and my babysitter might be getting a job. Guess I'll be trying to figure that out when I get the go ahead to go running again. And to think I was finally comfortable in those tight running pants...now I have to start from scratch again. Oh well, I kept my older running clothes just in case I ended up in my current situation again. But to be honest, there are some women I've seen wearing some tight stretchy pants (not running or working out, mind you, but as a fashion statement) that really ought to have known better. One woman really blew my mind when I got out of the car to go to Walmart and saw the most amazing and disturbing backside sashaying away from me. Not only was it not meant to wear those painted on crazy (animal print/80's style??) pants, but they had squeezed into these pants to the point that I felt bad for the pants having to stretch so much you could see the white tag through the stretched fabric.  I did get a good chuckle at it though as my husband was utterly beside himself at the boldness that woman possessed when she decided that it was a good look. Of course, you could go to Walmart in your worst, holy, stained pjs, and some people wouldn't think twice. I prefer to make myself presentable no matter if it's Walmart or not, although, I have considered how nice it would be to just flop out of bed, put my son in the carseat, and shlep ourselves over to Walmart to buy the milk I should have gotten the day before since I knew I would need some in the morning.

Well, as expected I've just given another half hour over to my computer when I should have been sleeping peacefully like the three dogs I have all around me. Guess it's time to sign off and hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment