Friday, January 25, 2013

I wish I had a mute button

After a couple weeks back and by myself I have had day after day of barking and oddly enough leaking (I'll get to this later) dogs. I wish there was a mute button for my smallest dog who finds it necessary to bark every time the other two play or I'm chasing after my son who's having the time of his life running around the house.  Then there's the larger dogs who could benefit from a mute button. One of them seems to think it's great to bark at every dog she hears while she's outside and the other finds it fun to growl while playing, thus upsetting the smaller dog and occasionally waking the baby.

But lets not forget the leaking dog. Ever since we adopted her we'd have bouts of leakage that we'd find on our couch. We have a sectional so it's a rather large couch and she tends to frequent two spots on this couch.  Luckily the place where I usually sit is not one of those spots. However, after cleaning up after her for the third day in a row I'm now inclined to make my couch seem like an old lady couch by putting plastic on it.  I've washed the blanket that stays on it every day for the last three days. Not to mention she likes to dig and she's had multiple baths in one week.

Don't get me wrong, I love my dogs and I'm glad I have them, but man oh man can they be annoying. I feel bad for the largest one because she gets bored and just wants me to throw her darn ball which she refuses to release from her jaws thus making it hard to throw unless she loosens her grip so I can grab it only to tighten it again as I try to take it out of her mouth, thus getting gnawed on.  She's a hunting dog and needs to be run outside in the fields for hours to tire her out...my husbands job.  I have to say, I am looking forward to his return not only to see him, but to have him play with his beloved pooch!  If you only knew how spoiled she is with him. Sometimes I think she gets more cuddle time than I do!  Granted I don't cuddle on the floor at 8pm at night and fall asleep.

I have to say, I am desperate to talk to my husband to find out some news about this year. I hope I find out this weekend and I'm sure you'll hear about it.  I may be elated that he got stuck with a job that will keep him on US soil or beside myself trying to figure out what I'm going to do when May comes and I'm 8 months pregnant and he is shipping off to Afghanistan. But, I need to worry only about one thing until I get that news...what necklace am I going to wear to the ball since I have everything else. I still can't believe I'm going to a ball pregnant. I had no desire to do so and then I just got tired of feeling like a slob living in pj pants and shirts. Granted I dressed up to go to Walmart...I put on jeans.  I seriously considered wearing pj pants but then realized I could only bring myself to go to the mail box and no further in those pants. They aren't ugly looking, but on principle I just couldn't do it unless it was 3am and I was in college again. Or maybe when it's 3pm and I have two kids and still have the three dogs and just need a flippin thing of milk and want to get in and out as fast as possible because I've had no sleep in three weeks and can't bare to walk around the store to get the rest of the items on my list.  I'm thinking tomorrow I might actually decide to leave the comfort of my pj pants and toasty house to venture out into the unknown that is the local mall. I might even go to Target and look at some bedding I wanted for my son, or if I get really bold and my precious boy decides to halt his crying long enough after making two or three stops already, I might even go to Hobby Lobby or Walmart and get a few things I need.   And maybe I might even go to Panera!  Wow, I have an exciting life!  Well, this is how things change when you are a mom and have to work around naps, limited sleep (thank you dogs for making me get up at 3:30 this morning) and a boy who has the time limit of how many cheerios are in his cup before all hell breaks loose and you need an emergency evacuation plan. Ok, he's not that bad, but it does get bad sometimes.

It's funny how life can change in the blink of an eye. I miss my freedom and my ability to have a nice drink!  However, I love being a mom, I love reading books to him before bed and kissing him goodnight. I love opening his door and seeing that smile or watching him sleep. I never wanted kids and now even with the craziness of my household, I'm so blessed to have my boy. Here's hoping the next one is a girl though!  I need more estrogen in this house!!!! (And the dogs don't count)

No comments:

Post a Comment