Sunday, January 27, 2013

Think positive

Life is uncertain, no matter the path you take.
Change is inevitable, no matter the choice you make.
When sadness grabs you to take you down,
Remember the joy in the life that you're found.
A child will give you unending love,
As if he's an angel sent from Heaven above.

He knows no hate, he's innocent and true.
He'll give you the world and love you more than you knew...
It was possible in the eyes of someone so small.
Love is unending no matter what comes to call.

I sit here today, thankful for this blessing and knowing that he is the light of my life, the love of my life, and the one thing that will be mine forever. I have had a trying weekend and many things to consider I know that when I look at him I will be forever thankful no matter what else is going on in my life. I know somethings will change and I will be tested emotionally, physically, and mentally and I am ready for the challenge. With the help of those who are close to me, I hope I can keep the strength I need for the challenges I face this year. Until I have certain evidence of what is to come, I want to focus on my little boy and the joy he brings and the love he deserves.  He is the one thing that keeps me happy, no matter how many times he plays in the dog water, tries to eat dog food, throws things, or dumps water out of the bathtub. I have to stay positive and I think today is a good day to try to find ways to maintain that positive energy. I have a lot going on and another big conversation to have with my husband, but until that comes and we know what is going to happen, I will try to stay focused on ways to make myself happy. Starting with buying yet another book...this time one on arranging flowers, so that when I come home from where ever I've been or when I wake in the morning, I'll have something beautiful to see as soon as I come down the stairs. I also bought a book on surviving being a military spouse and claiming that you want a life too. Seeing as it was a whopping $4 I bought it and will read it when it gets here for some inspiration to new approaches on things and ways to better myself. While part of me really just wants to be negative right now, I think it's best to redirect my energy to better things and make a better life. Here's to positive thinking and hopefully some positive change.

No comments:

Post a Comment